The Austrian Development Cooperation offers two types of scholarships:
- Scholarship for ADC’s priority countries
- Scholarship for other developing countries
And they can be used for any of the modules below.
- Hospitality Management Module or
- Tourism Management Module
Additional Module: Teacher Training Module
ITH Scholarship Application Process
Students may attend ITH by private means or through scholarships given by the Austrian Development Cooperation.
Limited number of scholarships are offered every year by the Austrian Development Cooperation. Please be aware that being offered a scholarship is not automatic and very competitive.
Procedures of Applying for ITH Scholarship:
- Get information about ITH from an Austrian consulate or embassy.
- Download ITH application form by clicking here
Austrian embassies and consulates have this form as well.
- Application Process – all applications should be sent directly to the Institute via post.
Submission deadline is the 1st of May every year, which means the Institute has to receive the application by that date.
- Confirmation – You would be informed about the result of your application by the end of June. If you were awarded a scholarship you will receive a letter of acceptance.
Tips for a succesful scholarship application:
-Fill out the application form properly and legibly.
-Make sure you supply all the required information and attach the entire required documents.
-Send translated English or German documents if required.
-Include a working e-mail address, phone and fax numbers as your application might be abandoned if your e-mail address, phone and fax number are not good.
-Apply early. Late applications will not be processed.
-Provide all admission requirements (read the ITH application form, and visa process carefully).
-Clarify any doubts with the ITH office and Austrian embassy/consulate (In written form: e-mail or regular mail).
-Show with facts why you should receive a scholarship (achievements, goals…).
Only appropriate applications will be considered.
a) Deadline for the submission of application form: May 1st of every year.*
b) Beginning of Courses: first day of October of the academic year.
c) Visa Application: You can start with the Visa application process right after receiving the letter of acceptance.
*Academic year: October to May
Scholarship for ADC Priority Countries:
Limited to applicants from the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Palestinian Territories
The scholarship includes:
- tuition fee
- flight tickets (from home country to Salzburg and back)
- health insurance
- food from Monday – Sunday
- excursions (except field trip to ITB Berlin)
- €205,- pocket money per month
Not included in this scholarship are:
- transfer: transfer from the Airport to the hostel and back to the Airport when leaving
- visa fee: the visa fee have to be paid by the applicants. The entry visa is approximately $110,- and the 8 months residence Permit, which will be issued in Salzburg, costs approximately €40,-.
Please note that Nicaragua candidates are only eligible for scholarship for developing countries. Nevertheless, the difference in both scholarships are being paid for some Nicaragua candidates by the City Partner Salzburg – Leon and thereby decides who receives such grant.
Scholarship for developing countries includes:
- tuition fee
- health insurance
- food from Monday – Friday
- excursions (except ITB Berlin)
- €205,- pocket Money per month
Not included in the scholarship are:
- accomondation: accomondation costs have to be covered by students who are awarded this scholarship. It is € 247,- per month (€ 1.976,- in total). The total accommodation fee of € 1.976,- has to be remitted in advance before admission letter can be issued.
- flight ticket: students who are on this scholarship have to cover their own travel expenses from their countries to Salzburg and back.
- Visa fee: the visa fees have to be paid by the applicants. The entry visa is approximately $ 110,- and the 8 months residence Permit, which will be issued in Salzburg, costs approximately € 40.
Please note that there is an age limit of 35 years for eligibility.