Residence Permit Requirements
Apply for an „Aufenthaltsbewilligung Schüler“ at the Austrian Embassy responsible for your country.
To study in Austria students have to apply for a „Residence Permit“ (Aufenthaltsbewilligung Schüler). Since one cannot apply for the residence permit after having arrived in Austria, an application for the residence permit student‘ s country of origin/residence.
The applicant has to provide the following certified documents in German or English:
- official confirmation letter from the Institute
- birth certificate (German translated copy is required)
- document proving your permanent residency if you do not well in your home country. Please be aware that holders of EU residence permit are not eligible for scholarship
- an extract of criminal records
- a copy of financial resources for one academic year (or scholarship confirmation)
- a fully completed residence permit application form
- a copy of your passport (valid at least until three months after the end of the course)
- 1 passport photograph
- travel insurance (from your travelling date till the last day of September)
Please double check with the appropriate authority as they might require additional documents. You can find the Embassy that is responsible for your country on the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Note: You can only stay in Austria to study with a valid residence permit („Aufenthaltsbewilligung Schüler“) has to be applied for from the onset.